ASSIGNMENT 3: LCLS201
1. You are instructed to institute a maintenance application at the Empangeni Magistrate’s Court.
2. Draw three columns in which you firstly describe the expense, then calculate Peter Peppers share of the expense and then reflect the total of the expense in the third column.
3. You are instructed to only institute a claim in respect of Peter Pepper.
4. Based on the following information complete the form. Fabricated information can be used if so required.
5. Student should remain in the groups they were in during Assignment 2 and should submit the applications on 24 April 2014 during class.
Set of Facts:
Your client is Mrs. Ann Pepper. She married Mr. John Pepper during 2000. She has instituted a divorce summons. Mr. John Pepper left the matrimonial home in 2013. She is presently resident in the matrimonial home with their son, Peter Pepper, a boy born 1 April 2000 and her boyfriend, Mr. Jack White. Mr. John White is unemployed.
Ann is employed as a teacher at St Catherine’s School and earns a gross income of R 15 000-00 per month. Her monthly deductions includes:-
Pension Fund Contribution R1000-00
Mr. John Pepper is employed as a doctor at The Bay Hospital and earns a gross income of R 50 000-00 per month. His monthly deductions includes:-
PAYE R 9000-00
Pension Fund Contribution R5000-00
Medical Aid Contribution R3500-00
Mr. John Pepper is paying for all the medical expenses in respect of Peter Pepper.
Ann informs you that her monthly expenses include the following:-
Bond repayment R3000-00
Water and Electricity R1000-00
Rates and Taxes R800-00
School Fees R1500-00
School Uniform R200-00
Vehicle Installment R2000-00
License Fees R200-00
Fuel Expenditure R600-00
Life Annuity R500-00
Pocket Money R100-00
Security System R400-00
TV license R50-00
Pet food R200-00
Veterinary costs R50-00
Calculate Peter Peppers maintenance need and then calculate what each party should be contributing.